Practical R 4
- Paperback: 332 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (July 1, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484259459
- ISBN-13: 978-1484259450
Practical R 4: Applying R to Data Manipulation, Processing and Integration
Get started with an accelerated introduction to the R ecosystem, programming language, and tools including R script and RStudio. Utilizing many examples and projects, this book teaches you how to get data into R and how to work with that data using R. Once grounded in the fundamentals, the rest of Practical R 4 dives into specific projects and examples starting with running and analyzing a survey using R and LimeSurvey. Next, you’ll carry out advanced statistical analysis using R and MouselabWeb. Then, you’ll see how R can work for you without statistics, including how R can be used to automate data formatting, manipulation, reporting, and custom functions.
What You Will Learn
- Set up and run an R script, including installation on a new machine and downloading and configuring R
- Turn any machine into a powerful data analytics platform accessible from anywhere with RStudio Server
- Write basic R scripts and modify existing scripts to suit your own needs
- Create basic HTML reports in R, inserting information as needed
- Build a basic R package and distribute it
The final part of this book discusses using R on a server; you’ll build a script with R that can run an RStudio Server and monitor a report source for changes to alert the user when something has changed. This project includes both regular email alerting and push notification. And, finally, you’ll use R to create a customized daily rundown report of a person’s most important information such as a weather report, daily calendar, to-do’s and more. This demonstrates how to automate such a process so that every morning, the user navigates to the same web page and gets the updated report.