Practical Ansible, Second Edition
- Paperback: 420 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (September 29, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180512997X
- ISBN-13: 978-1805129974
Practical Ansible, 2nd Edition: Leverage the power of Ansible to gain complete control over your systems and automate deployments along with implementing configuration changes
Ansible empowers you to automate a myriad of tasks, including software provisioning, configuration management, infrastructure deployment, and application rollouts. It can be used as a deployment tool as well as an orchestration tool. While Ansible provides simple yet powerful features to automate multi-layer environments using agentless communication, it can also solve other critical IT challenges, such as ensuring continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) with zero downtime.
In this Practical Ansible, Second Edition book, you’ll work with the latest release of Ansible and learn how to solve complex issues quickly with the help of task-oriented scenarios. You’ll start by installing and configuring Ansible on Linux and macOS to automate monotonous and repetitive IT tasks and learn concepts such as playbooks, inventories, and roles. As you progress, you’ll gain insight into the YAML syntax and learn how to port between Ansible versions. Additionally, you’ll understand how Ansible enables you to orchestrate multi-layer environments such as networks, containers, and the cloud.
- Explore the fundamentals of the Ansible framework
- Understand how collections enhance your automation efforts
- Avoid common mistakes and pitfalls when writing automation code
- Extend Ansible by developing your own modules and plugins
- Contribute to the Ansible project by submitting your own code
- Follow best practices for working with cloud environment inventories
- Troubleshoot issues triggered during Ansible playbook runs
By the end of this Practical Ansible, 2nd Edition book, you’ll be well versed in writing playbooks and other related Ansible code to overcome all your IT challenges, from infrastructure-as-a-code provisioning to application deployments and handling mundane day-to-day maintenance tasks.