PowerShell for Sysadmins
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 4, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1593279183
- ISBN-13: 978-1593279189
PowerShell for Sysadmins: Workflow Automation Made Easy: Learn to use PowerShell, Microsoft’s scripting language, to automate real-world tasks that IT professionals and system administrators deal with every day. Save Time. Automate. Covers Windows PowerShell v5.1
PowerShell is both a scripting language and an administrative shell that lets you control and automate nearly every aspect of IT. In PowerShell for Sysadmins, five-time Microsoft MVP “Adam the Automator” Bertram shows you how to use PowerShell to manage and automate your desktop and server environments so that you can head out for an early lunch.
You’ll learn how to:
- Combine commands, control flow, handle errors, write scripts, run scripts remotely, and test scripts with the PowerShell testing framework, Pester
- Parse structured data like XML and JSON, work with common domains (like Active Directory, Azure, and Amazon Web Services), and create a real-world server inventory script
- Design and build a PowerShell module to demonstrate PowerShell isn’t just about ad-hoc scripts
- Use PowerShell to create a hands-off, completely automated Windows deployment
- Build an entire Active Directory forest from nothing but a Hyper-V host and a few ISO files
- Create endless Web and SQL servers with just a few lines of code!
Real-world examples throughout help bridge the gap between theory and actual system, and the author’s anecdotes keep things lively.
Stop with the expensive software and fancy consultants. Learn how to manage your own environment with PowerShell for Sysadmins: Workflow Automation Made Easy and make everyone happy.