PowerShell Core for Linux Administrators Cookbook
- Paperback: 566 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 30, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789137233
- ISBN-13: 978-1789137231
PowerShell 6.0 Linux Administration Cookbook: With a recipe-based approach, we will help you take advantage of PowerShell 6.0 to call all native Linux capabilities to automate your environment
PowerShell Core, the open source, cross-platform that is based on the open source, cross-platform .NET Core, is not a shell that came out by accident; it was intentionally created to be versatile and easy to learn at the same time. PowerShell Core enables automation on systems ranging from the Raspberry Pi to the cloud.
PowerShell Core for Linux Administrators Cookbook uses simple, real-world examples that teach you how to use PowerShell to effectively administer your environment. As you make your way through the book, you will cover interesting recipes on how PowerShell Core can be used to quickly automate complex, repetitive, and time-consuming tasks. In the concluding chapters, you will learn how to develop scripts to automate tasks that involve systems and enterprise management.
- Leverage the object model of the shell, which is based on .NET Core
- Administer computers locally as well as remotely using PowerShell over OpenSSH
- Get to grips with advanced concepts of PowerShell functions
- Use PowerShell for administration on the cloud
- Know the best practices pertaining to PowerShell scripts and functions
- Exploit the cross-platform capabilities of PowerShell to manage scheduled jobs, Docker containers and SQL Databases
By the end of this PowerShell Core for Linux Administrators Cookbook book, you will have learned about the automation capabilities of PowerShell Core, including remote management using OpenSSH, cross-platform enterprise management, working with Docker containers, and managing SQL databases.