Demystifying Ansible Automation Platform
- Paperback: 314 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 30, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803244887
- ISBN-13: 978-1803244884
Demystifying Ansible Automation Platform: Explore Ansible Automation Platform and understand how the different pieces interact to standardize and scale automation
While you can use any automation software to simplify task automation, scaling automation to suit your growing business needs becomes difficult using only a command-line tool. Ansible Automation Platform standardizes how automation is deployed, initiated, delegated, and audited, and this comprehensive guide shows you how you can simplify and scale its management.
The book starts by taking you through the ways to get Ansible Automation Platform installed, their pros and cons, and the initial configuration. You’ll learn about each object in the platform, how it interacts with other objects, as well as best practices for defining and managing objects to save time. You’ll see how to maintain the created pieces with infrastructure as code. As you advance, you’ll monitor workflows with CI/CD playbooks and understand how Ansible Automation Platform integrates with many other services such as GitLab and GitHub.
- Get the hang of different parts of Ansible Automation Platform and their maintenance
- Back up and restore an installation of Ansible Automation Platform
- Launch and configure basic and advanced workflows and jobs
- Create your own execution environment using CI/CD pipelines
- Interact with Git, Red Hat Authentication Server, and logging services
- Integrate the Automation controller with services catalog
- Use Automation Mesh to scale Automation Controller
By the end of this Demystifying Ansible Automation Platform book, you’ll have worked through real-world examples to make the most of the platform while learning how to manipulate, manage, and deploy any playbook to Ansible Automation Platform.