Oracle Linux Cookbook
- Paperback: 548 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 19, 2024)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803249285
- ISBN-13: 978-1803249285
Oracle Linux Cookbook: Embrace Oracle Linux and master Linux Server management and get to grips with cloud security fundamentals, uncover cloud exploits, and safeguard your organization’s network through effective pentesting of AWS, Azure, and GCP
Discover the power of Oracle Linux 8, the free and enterprise-grade Linux distribution designed for use in any environment, with this recipe-style Oracle Linux Cookbook.
Starting with instructions on how to obtain Oracle Linux for both X86 and ARM-based platforms, this book walks you through various installation methods, from running it as a Windows service to installing it on a Raspberry Pi. It unravels advanced topics such as system upgrades using Leapp for major version transitions and using a PXE server and kickstart files for more advanced installations. The book then delves into swapping kernels to take advantage of Oracle’s UEK, exploring boot options, managing software with DNF, and achieving high availability. Detailed recipes involving security topics will assist with tasks such as data encryption, both at rest and in motion.
For developers, it offers guidance on building RPM files, using Docker and Podman in a containerized environment, working with AppStreams, and more. For large-scale deployments, the book introduces Oracle Linux Automation Manager for enterprise-level Ansible utilization, from setting up the Ansible server to basic playbook writing. Finally, you’ll discover strategies for cloud migration.
- Master the use of DNF for package management and stream-specific installations
- Implement high availability services through Podman and Oracle Linux Automation Manager
- Secure your system with Secure Boot and at-rest disk encryption techniques
- Achieve rebootless system updates using the Ksplice technology
- Optimize large-scale deployments with Oracle Linux Automation Manager and Ansible
- Gain practical insights into storage management using Btrfs and LVM
By the end of this Oracle Linux Cookbook, you’ll possess a comprehensive toolkit that will elevate your skills as a Linux administrator.