Nginx 1 Web Server Implementation Cookbook
- Paperback: 236 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 23, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849514968
- ISBN-13: 978-1849514965
Over 100 recipes to master using the Nginx HTTP server and reverse proxy
- Quick recipes and practical techniques to help you maximize your experience with Nginx
- Interesting recipes that will help you optimize your web stack and get more out of your existing setup
- Secure your website and prevent your setup from being compromised using SSL and rate-limiting techniques
- Get more out of Nginx by using it as an important part of your web application using third-party modules
- Full of illustrations and diagrams to help you implement your web needs with Nginx, with focus on practical examples
Nginx is an open source high-performance web server, which has gained quite some popularity recently. Due to its modular architecture and small footprint, it has been the default choice for a lot of smaller Web 2.0 companies for use as a load-balancing proxy server. It supports most of the existing back-end web protocols like FCGI, WSGI, and SCGI. This book is for you if you want to have in-depth knowledge of the Nginx server.
Nginx 1 Web Server Implementation Cookbook covers the whole range of techniques that would prove useful for you in setting up a very effective web application with the Nginx web server. It has recipes for lesser-known applications of Nginx like a mail proxy server, streaming of video files, image resizing on the fly, and much more.
The first chapter of the book covers the basics that would be useful for anyone who is starting with Nginx. Each recipe is designed to be independent of the others.
The book has recipes based on broad areas such as core, logging, rewrites, security, and others. We look at ways to optimize your Nginx setup, setting up your WordPress blog, blocking bots that post spam on your site, setting up monitoring using munin, and much more.
Nginx 1 Web Server Implementation Cookbook makes your entry into the Nginx world easy with step-by-step recipes for nearly all the tasks necessary to run your own web application.
A practical guide for system administrators and web developers alike to get the best out of the open source Nginx web server.
What you will learn from this book :
- Run and debug Nginx issues effectively
- Set up WordPress and Drupal sites using FCGI
- Set up Nginx log rotation on various UNIX systems
- Stop bots and scrapers from slowing down and spamming your site
- Learn to set up SSL certificates and secure your site
- Learn how to use WSGI and set up a Python-based web application
- Set up a fair load-balancing reverse proxy using Nginx
- Use memcached as a caching backend for Nginx
- Set up Flash streaming for your website without additional software
- Convert Apache configurations into working Nginx configurations
This is a cookbook full of illustrations and diagrams to help you implement your web needs with Nginx, with a focus on practical examples.
Who this book is written for
If you are tired of Apache consuming all your server memory with little traffic and to overcome this, or for some other reason, you are looking for a high-performance load-balancing proxy server and have tried using Nginx, then this book is for you. You need some basic knowledge of Nginx. System administrators and web developers will benefit greatly from this book.
[download id=”147″ format=”1″]