.NET MAUI Projects, Third Edition
- Paperback: 630 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (February 9, 2024)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837634912
- ISBN-13: 978-1837634910
.NET MAUI Projects, 3rd Edition: Build multi-platform desktop and mobile apps from scratch using C# and Visual Studio 2022. Harness the powerful features of .NET MAUI to create multi-platform app projects using location services, the weather API, machine learning, and much more.
This .NET MAUI Projects, Third Edition explores the features of .NET MAUI, a lightweight multi-platform development toolkit for building apps with a rich user interface. Updated to cover the latest features of .NET MAUI, including CollectionView and Shell, this book delves into concepts such as machine learning and cloud services.
Starting with an overview of .NET Core and how it works, this book shares tips for choosing the right development environment for planning multi-platform apps. You’ll then build your first .NET MAUI app and advance to learning how to use Shell to implement app architecture. Progressing in complexity, the projects guide you through creating apps, ranging from a location tracker and weather map to machine learning and multiplayer games. Further, the book will take you through modern mobile development frameworks such as SQLite, .NET Core, and ML.NET, empowering you to customize your apps for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS platforms for native-like performance. Engaging examples are woven throughout the book so you can grasp essential concepts by writing code rather than extensive theory.
- Set up .NET MAUI to build native apps for multiple platforms using its single project capabilities
- Understand the core aspects of developing a mobile app, such as layout, UX, and rendering
- Use custom handlers for platform-specific access
- Discover how to create custom layouts for your apps with .NET MAUI Shell
- Implement serverless services in your .NET MAUI apps using Azure SignalR
- Create a .NET MAUI Blazor application leveraging the power of web technologies
- Build and train machine learning models using ML.NET and Azure Cognitive Services
By the end of this .NET MAUI Projects, 3rd Edition book, you’ll be ready to develop your own native apps using .NET MAUI and associated technologies such as .NET Core, Visual Studio 2022, and C#.