- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 9, 2024)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804617121
- ISBN-13: 978-1804617120
Defending APIs: Get up to speed with API security using this comprehensive guide full of best practices for building safer and secure APIs
Along with the exponential growth of API adoption comes a rise in security concerns about their implementation and inherent vulnerabilities. For those seeking comprehensive insights into building, deploying, and managing APIs as the first line of cyber defense, this book offers invaluable guidance. Written by a seasoned DevSecOps expert, Defending APIs addresses the imperative task of API security with innovative approaches and techniques designed to combat API-specific safety challenges.
The initial chapters are dedicated to API building blocks, hacking APIs by exploiting vulnerabilities, and case studies of recent breaches, while the subsequent sections of the book focus on building the skills necessary for securing APIs in real-world scenarios.
Guided by clear step-by-step instructions, you’ll explore offensive techniques for testing vulnerabilities, attacking, and exploiting APIs. Transitioning to defensive techniques, the book equips you with effective methods to guard against common attacks. There are plenty of case studies peppered throughout the book to help you apply the techniques you’re learning in practice, complemented by in-depth insights and a wealth of best practices for building better APIs from the ground up.
- Explore the core elements of APIs and their collaborative role in API development
- Understand the OWASP API Security Top 10, dissecting the root causes of API vulnerabilities
- Obtain insights into high-profile API security breaches with practical examples and in-depth analysis
- Use API attacking techniques adversaries use to attack APIs to enhance your defensive strategies
- Employ shield-right security approaches such as API gateways and firewalls
- Defend against common API vulnerabilities across several frameworks and languages, such as .NET, Python, and Java
By the end of this Defending APIs book, you’ll have the expertise to develop secure APIs and test them against various cyber threats targeting APIs.