Music for Film and Game Soundtracks with FL Studio
- Paperback: 266 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 11, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180323329X
- ISBN-13: 978-1803233291
Music for Film and Game Soundtracks with FL Studio: Create and compose production-quality music with the power of FL Studio 20 along with MuseScore and Wwise
FL Studio is a cutting-edge software music production environment and a powerful and easy-to-use tool for composing music. In this comprehensive guide, you’ll discover how to use FL Studio’s tools and techniques to design exciting soundtracks for your films, TV shows, video games, and much more.
You’ll start by understanding the business of composing, learning how to communicate, score, market your services, land gigs, and deliver music projects for clients like a professional. Next, you’ll set up your studio environment, navigate key tools, such as the channel rack, piano roll, playlist, mixer, and browser, and export songs. The book then advances to show you how to compose orchestral music using MIDI (musical instrument digital interface) programming, with a dedicated section to string instruments. You’ll create sheet music using MuseScore for live musicians to play your compositions. Later, you’ll learn about the art of Foley for recording realistic sound effects, create adaptive music that changes throughout video games, and design music to trigger specific emotions, for example, scary music to terrify your listener. Finally, you’ll work on a sample project that will help you prepare for your composing career.
The Soundtrack Composer’s Ultimate Guide to FL Studio: Learn to score films and games, compose orchestral music, and launch your music career:
- Compose production-ready music for films and video games
- Plan and deliver a soundtrack music score for clients like a professional
- Apply practical music theory using themes, leitmotifs, scales, and modes
- Compose orchestral music with MIDI programming
- Design music for specific emotions
- Create sheet music with MuseScore, score music for films with Fruity Video Player, and make diegetic music
- Design interactive music by leveraging horizontal resequencing and vertical remixing
By the end of this Music for Film and Game Soundtracks with FL Studio book, you’ll be able to create professional soundtrack scores for your films and video games.