Modern Game Testing
- Paperback: 232 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 21, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803244402
- ISBN-13: 978-1803244402
Modern Game Testing: Implement modern and agile QA practices to ensure your games are high quality, on budget, and released on time
Few things are more annoying for gamers than encountering a buggy new game. This often leads to negative reviews, and in turn, you’ll find that demand for your games declines. The solution lies in better quality assurance (QA) and Modern Game Testing will show you how to achieve just that. Whether you’re a new tester, developer or producer, the QA testing techniques shown in this book, using modern methodologies and the latest technology, will have you releasing quality games that are on time and, most importantly, on budget.
The book begins by introducing you to QA and the various types of tests that are performed on games. You’ll then explore test cases and bug reporting, building tests for different platforms (even consoles and PCs), and LiveOps and test management. As you advance, you’ll build a QA team from scratch and work with remote QA testers. The chapters help you take a more traditional approach to learning lessons, enabling you to examine the modern agile approach and various testing strategies that you can then adopt. All angles are covered with oodles of examples, so you’ll have everything you need to implement QA strategies in your organization.
- Conduct compliance, regression, and localization tests, among others
- Build and optimize test sets for testing mobile games
- Find out how to set up an efficient bug flow
- Write optimal bug reports that differentiate between priority and severity
- Pick the optimal testing approach for each phase of game development
- Discover how to use equivalence partitioning, boundary analysis, and decision tables
- Master live ops QA and handle live bugs
By the end of this Modern Game Testing book, you’ll have a clear understanding of the modern methodologies of QA testing for games, and be able to build efficient, reliable, and long-lasting QA teams.