Unreal Engine 4 Game Development Quick Start Guide
- Paperback: 202 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 31, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789950686
- ISBN-13: 978-1789950687
Unreal Engine 4 Game Development Quick Start Guide: Learn how to use Unreal Engine 4 by building 3D and multiplayer games using Blueprints
Unreal Engine is a popular game engine for developers to build high-end 2D and 3D games.
- Use project templates to give your game a head start
- Create custom Blueprints and C++ classes and extend from Epic’s base classes
- Use UMG to create menus and HUDs for your game
- Create more dynamic characters using Animation Blueprints
- Learn how to create complex AI with Behavior Trees
- Use replication to create multiplayer games
- Optimize, test, and deploy a UE4 project
This Unreal Engine 4 Game Development Quick Start Guide book is a practical guide, starting off by quickly introducing you to the Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) ecosystem. You will learn how to create Blueprints and C++ code to define your game’s functionality. You will be familiarized with the core systems of UE4 such as UMG, Animation Blueprints, and Behavior Trees. You will also learn how to use replication to create multiplayer games. By the end of this book, you will have a broad, solid knowledge base to expand upon on your journey with UE4.