Migrating to AWS: A Manager’s Guide
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (July 14, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1492074241
- ISBN-13: 978-1492074243
Migrating to AWS: A Manager’s Guide: How to Foster Agility, Reduce Costs, and Bring a Competitive Edge to Your Business
Bring agility, cost savings, and a competitive edge to your business by migrating your IT infrastructure to AWS. With this Migrating to AWS: A Manager’s Guide practical book, executive and senior leadership and engineering and IT managers will examine the advantages, disadvantages, and common pitfalls when moving your company’s operations to the cloud.
- Learn the benefits and drawbacks of migrating to AWS, including the risks to your business and technology
- Begin the process by discovering the applications and servers in your environment
- Examine the value of AWS migration when building your business case
- Address your operational readiness before you migrate
- Define your AWS account structure and cloud governance controls
- Create your migration plan in waves of servers and applications
- Refactor applications that will benefit from using more cloud native resources
Author Jeff Armstrong brings years of practical hands-on experience helping dozens of enterprises make this corporate change. You’ll explore real-world examples from many organizations that have made – or attempted to make – this wide-ranging transition. Once you read this guide, you’ll be better prepared to evaluate your migration objectively before, during, and after the process in order to ensure success.