Microsoft Power BI Complete Reference
- Paperback: 794 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 21, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 178995004X
- ISBN-13: 978-1789950045
Microsoft Power BI Complete Reference: Design, develop, and master efficient Power BI solutions for impactful business insights
Microsoft Power BI Complete Reference Guide gets you started with business intelligence by showing you how to install the Power BI toolset, design effective data models, and build basic dashboards and visualizations that make your data come to life.
In this Learning Path, you will learn to create powerful interactive reports by visualizing your data and learn visualization styles, tips and tricks to bring your data to life. You will be able to administer your organization’s Power BI environment to create and share dashboards. You will also be able to streamline deployment by implementing security and regular data refreshes.
Next, you will delve deeper into the nuances of Power BI and handling projects. You will get acquainted with planning a Power BI project, development, and distribution of content, and deployment. You will learn to connect and extract data from various sources to create robust datasets, reports, and dashboards. Additionally, you will learn how to format reports and apply custom visuals, animation and analytics to further refine your data.
- Connect to data sources using both import and DirectQuery options
- Leverage built-in and custom visuals to design effective reports
- Administer a Power BI cloud tenant for your organization
- Deploy your Power BI Desktop files into the Power BI Report Server
- Build efficient data retrieval and transformation processes
- Design scalable, user-friendly DirectQuery and import data models
- Develop visually rich and interactive reports and dashboards
- Manage and monitor the Power BI Service and On-Premises Data Gateway
By the end of this Learning Path, you will learn to implement the various Power BI tools such as on-premises gateway together along with staging and securely distributing content via apps.