Mastering React Test-Driven Development – Second Edition
- Paperback: 564 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (September 30, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803247126
- ISBN-13: 978-1803247120
Mastering React Test-Driven Development, 2nd Edition: Learn test-driven and behavior-driven development techniques that will give you greater confidence when building React applications
Test-driven development (TDD) is a programming workflow that helps you build your apps by specifying behavior as automated tests. The TDD workflow future-proofs apps so that they can be modified without fear of breaking existing functionality. Another benefit of TDD is that it helps software development teams communicate their intentions more clearly, by way of test specifications.
This book teaches you how to apply TDD when building React apps. You’ll create a sample app using the same React libraries and tools that professional React developers use, such as Jest, React Router, Redux, Relay (GraphQL), Cucumber, and Puppeteer. The TDD workflow is supported by various testing techniques and patterns, which are useful even if you’re not following the TDD process. This Mastering React Test-Driven Development, Second Edition book covers these techniques by walking you through the creation of a component test framework. You’ll learn automated testing theory which will help you work with any of the test libraries that are in standard usage today, such as React Testing Library. This second edition has been revised with a stronger focus on concise code examples and has been fully updated for React 18.
- Build test-driven applications using React 18 and Jest
- Understand techniques and patterns for writing great automated tests
- Use test doubles and mocks effectively
- Test-drive browser APIs, including the Fetch API and the WebSocket API
- Integrate with libraries such as React Router, Redux, and Relay (GraphQL)
- Use Cucumber.js and Puppeteer to build Behaviour- Driven Development (BDD) style tests for your applications
- Build and test async Redux code using redux-saga and expect-redux
By the end of this Mastering React Test-Driven Development, 2nd Edition book, you’ll be able to use React, Redux, and GraphQL to develop robust web apps.