Mastering Metasploit – Fourth Edition
- Paperback: 502 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 12, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838980075
- ISBN-13: 978-1838980078
Mastering Metasploit, 4th Edition: Discover the next level of network defense and penetration testing with the Metasploit 5.0 framework
Updated for the latest version of Metasploit, this book will prepare you to face everyday cyberattacks by simulating real-world scenarios. Complete with step-by-step explanations of essential concepts and practical examples, Mastering Metasploit, Fourth Edition will help you gain insights into programming Metasploit modules and carrying out exploitation, as well as building and porting various kinds of exploits in Metasploit.
Giving you the ability to perform tests on different services, including databases, IoT, and mobile, this Metasploit book will help you get to grips with real-world, sophisticated scenarios where performing penetration tests is a challenge. You’ll then learn a variety of methods and techniques to evade security controls deployed at a target’s endpoint. As you advance, you’ll script automated attacks using CORTANA and Armitage to aid penetration testing by developing virtual bots and discover how you can add custom functionalities in Armitage. Following real-world case studies, this book will take you on a journey through client-side attacks using Metasploit and various scripts built on the Metasploit 5.0 framework.
- Develop advanced and sophisticated auxiliary, exploitation, and post-exploitation modules
- Learn to script automated attacks using CORTANA
- Test services such as databases, SCADA, VoIP, and mobile devices
- Attack the client side with highly advanced pentesting techniques
- Bypass modern protection mechanisms, such as antivirus, IDS, and firewalls
- Import public exploits to the Metasploit Framework
- Leverage C and Python programming to effectively evade endpoint protection
By the end of the Mastering Metasploit, 4th Edition book, you’ll have developed the skills you need to work confidently with efficient exploitation techniques.