Creative Projects for Rust Programmers
- Paperback: 404 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 19, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789346223
- ISBN-13: 978-1789346220
Creative Projects for Rust Programmers: A practical guide to understanding the latest features of the Rust programming language, useful libraries, and frameworks that will help you design and develop interesting projects
Rust is a community-built language that solves pain points present in many other languages, improving productivity with features such as performance, concurrency, and memory safety. In this Creative Projects for Rust Programmers book, you will explore the latest features of Rust programming by building robust applications across different domains.
The book gets you up and running with high-quality open source libraries and frameworks available in the Rust ecosystem that can be used to build efficient applications with Rust. You’ll learn how to build projects in domains such as data access, RESTful web services, web applications, web and desktop 2D and 3D games, and operating system modules. For each of these application types, you’ll work on a specific project using high-quality open source frameworks such as Actix, WebAssembly (Wasm), Yew, ggez, and Amethyst. All along, this book will not only help you build on your knowledge of Rust but also choose an appropriate framework for building your project.
- Perform data manipulation and querying in a database management system (DBMS) using SQL
- Use object-relational mapping (ORM) to simplify DBMS access
- Develop a RESTful web service using XML payloads
- Get to grips with RESTful web services using JSON payloads
- Create a web application using HTML templates
- Develop a web game using Rust WebAssembly to draw on an HTML canvas
- Build desktop 2D and 3D games, or a desktop virtual-reality environment
By the end of this Rust book, you will have learned how to build fast, safe, and concurrent applications with Rust, along with having the real-world experience you need to advance in your career.