Mastering Kubernetes – Third Edition
- Paperback: 642 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 30, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1839211253
- ISBN-13: 978-1839211256
Mastering Kubernetes, 3rd Edition: Go beyond simply learning Kubernetes fundamentals and its deployment, and explore more advanced concepts, including serverless computing and service meshes with the latest updates
The Mastering Kubernetes, Third Edition is updated with the latest tools and code enabling you to learn Kubernetes 1.18’s latest features. This book primarily concentrates on diving deeply into complex concepts and Kubernetes best practices to help you master the skills of designing and deploying large clusters on various cloud platforms.
The book trains you to run complex stateful microservices on Kubernetes including advanced features such as horizontal pod autoscaling, rolling updates, resource quotas, and persistent storage backend. With the two new chapters, you will gain expertise in serverless computing and utilizing service meshes.
As you proceed through the chapters, you will explore different options for network configuration and learn to set up, operate, and troubleshoot Kubernetes networking plugins through real-world use cases. Furthermore, you will understand the mechanisms of custom resource development and its utilization in automation and maintenance workflows.
- Master the fundamentals of Kubernetes architecture and design
- Build and run stateful applications and complex microservices on Kubernetes
- Use tools like Kubectl, secrets, and Helm to manage resources and storage
- Master Kubernetes Networking with load balancing options like Ingress
- Achieve high-availability Kubernetes clusters
- Improve Kubernetes observability with tools like Prometheus, Grafana, and Jaeger
- Extend Kubernetes working with Kubernetes API, plugins, and webhooks
By the end of this Mastering Kubernetes, 3rd Edition book, you will graduate from an intermediate to advanced Kubernetes professional.