Azure Serverless Computing Cookbook – Third Edition
- Paperback: 458 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 19, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800206607
- ISBN-13: 978-1800206601
Azure Serverless Computing Cookbook, 3rd Edition: Discover recipes for implementing solutions to real-world business problems through serverless applications
This Azure Serverless Computing Cookbook, Third Edition guides you through the development of a basic back-end web API that performs simple operations, helping you understand how to persist data in Azure Storage services. You’ll cover the integration of Azure Functions with other cloud services, such as notifications (SendGrid and Twilio), Cognitive Services (computer vision), and Logic Apps, to build simple workflow-based applications.
With the help of this book, you’ll be able to leverage Visual Studio tools to develop, build, test, and deploy Azure functions quickly. It also covers a variety of tools and methods for testing the functionality of Azure functions locally in the developer’s workstation and in the cloud environment. Once you’re familiar with the core features, you’ll explore advanced concepts such as durable functions, starting with a “hello world” example, and learn about the scalable bulk upload use case, which uses durable function patterns, function chaining, and fan-out/fan-in.
- Implement continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) of Azure functions
- Develop different event-based handlers in a serverless architecture
- Integrate Azure functions with different Azure services to develop enterprise-level applications
- Accelerate your cloud application development using Azure function triggers and bindings
- Automate mundane tasks at various levels, from development to deployment and maintenance
- Develop stateful serverless applications and self-healing jobs using durable functions
By the end of this Azure Serverless Computing Cookbook, 3rd Edition book, you’ll have gained the knowledge and practical experience needed to be able to create and deploy Azure applications on serverless architectures efficiently.