Mastering Kubernetes, Fourth Edition
- Paperback: 744 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 4th edition (June 16, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804611395
- ISBN-13: 978-1804611395
Mastering Kubernetes, 4th Edition: Go beyond the basics of Kubernetes and explore more advanced concepts, including Kubernetes in production, governance, serverless computing, and service meshes
The bestseller Mastering Kubernetes, Fourth Edition includes the most recent tools and code to enable you to learn the latest features of Kubernetes 1.25. This book contains a thorough exploration of complex concepts and best practices to help you master the skills of designing and deploying large-scale distributed systems on Kubernetes clusters.
You’ll learn how to run complex stateless and stateful microservices on Kubernetes, including advanced features such as horizontal pod autoscaling, rolling updates, resource quotas, and persistent storage backends. In addition, you’ll understand how to utilize serverless computing and service meshes.
Further, two new chapters have been added. “Governing Kubernetes” covers the problem of policy management, how admission control addresses it, and how policy engines provide a powerful governance solution. “Running Kubernetes in Production” shows you what it takes to run Kubernetes at scale across multiple cloud providers, multiple geographical regions, and multiple clusters, and it also explains how to handle topics such as upgrades, capacity planning, dealing with cloud provider limits/quotas, and cost management.
- Learn how to govern Kubernetes using policy engines
- Learn what it takes to run Kubernetes in production and at scale
- Build and run stateful applications and complex microservices
- Master Kubernetes networking with services, Ingress objects, load balancers, and service meshes
- Achieve high availability for your Kubernetes clusters
- Improve Kubernetes observability with tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and Jaeger
- Extend Kubernetes with the Kubernetes API, plugins, and webhooks
By the end of this Mastering Kubernetes, 4th Edition book, you’ll have a strong understanding of, and hands-on experience with, a wide range of Kubernetes capabilities.