Mastering Information Security Compliance Management
- Paperback: 236 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 11, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803231173
- ISBN-13: 978-1803231174
Mastering Information Security Compliance Management: Strengthen your ability to implement, assess, evaluate, and enhance the effectiveness of information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27001/27002:2022 standards
ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 are globally recognized standards for information security management systems (ISMSs), providing a robust framework for information protection that can be adapted to all organization types and sizes. Organizations with significant exposure to information-security–related risks are increasingly choosing to implement an ISMS that complies with ISO 27001. This book will help you understand the process of getting your organization’s information security management system certified by an accredited certification body.
The book begins by introducing you to the standards, and then takes you through different principles and terminologies. Once you completely understand these standards, you’ll explore their execution, wherein you find out how to implement these standards in different sizes of organizations. The chapters also include case studies to enable you to understand how you can implement the standards in your organization. Finally, you’ll get to grips with the auditing process, planning, techniques, and reporting and learn to audit for ISO 27001.
- Develop a strong understanding of the core principles underlying information security
- Gain insights into the interpretation of control requirements in the ISO 27001/27002:2022 standard
- Understand the various components of ISMS with practical examples and case studies
- Explore risk management strategies and techniques
- Develop an audit plan that outlines the scope, objectives, and schedule of the audit
- Explore real-world case studies that illustrate successful implementation approaches
By the end of this Mastering Information Security Compliance Management book, you’ll have gained a clear understanding of ISO 27001/27002 and be ready to successfully implement and audit for these standards.