Mastering Docker Enterprise
- Paperback: 488 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 5, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789612071
- ISBN-13: 978-1789612073
Mastering Docker Enterprise: A journey toward containerized applications in production with a cloud-portable, secure, robust and highly available Docker Enterprise platform
While known mostly as the open source engine behind tens of millions of server nodes, Docker also offers commercially supported enterprise tooling known as the Docker Enterprise. This platform leverages the deep roots from Docker Engine – Community (formerly Docker CE) and Kubernetes, but adds support and tooling to efficiently operate a secure container platform at scale. With hundreds of enterprises on board, best practices and adoption patterns are emerging rapidly. These learning points can be used to inform adopters and help manage the enterprise transformation associated with enterprise container adoption.
This book starts by explaining the case for Docker Enterprise, as well as its structure and reference architecture. From there, we progress through the PoC, pilot and production stages as a working model for adoption, evolving the platform’s design and configuration for each stage and using detailed application examples along the way to clarify and demonstrate important concepts. The book concludes with Docker’s impact on other emerging software technologies, such as Blockchain and Serverless computing.
What You Will Learn
- Understand why containers are important to an enterprise
- Understand the features and components of Docker Enterprise 2
- Find out about the PoC, pilot, and production adoption phases
- Get to know the best practices for installing and operating Docker Enterprise
- Understand what is important for a Docker Enterprise in production
- Run Kubernetes on Docker Enterprise
By the end of this Mastering Docker Enterprise book, you’ll have a better understanding of what it takes to get your enterprise up and running with Docker Enterprise and beyond.