Linux Cookbook, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 600 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (October 19, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1492087165
- ISBN-13: 978-1492087168
This handy Linux Cookbook, 2nd Edition teaches new-to-intermediate Linux users the essential skills necessary to manage a home or small business network. The recipes in this book are updated to cover new technologies such as systemctl, firewalld, modern package managers, the Raspberry Pi, and connecting Android and iOS devices to your network. You’ll learn how to install, maintain, and troubleshoot a Linux system, add and remove software, manage filesystems, run backups and restores, manage name services, securely connect to remote systems, partition storage devices, build a LAN gateway on Raspberry Pi, and more: all the fundamental tasks you’ll need to run and maintain a Linux system.
- Learn how the Linux ecosystem is structured
- Enable smartphones and tablets to safely connect to your LAN
- Manage fundamental subsystems and essential tasks
- Secure remote access and build a firewall/internet gateway
- Manage users and groups, and filesystems and partitions
- Rescue nonbooting systems
- Manage name services and the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
Carla Schroder, author of over a thousand Linux how-tos for various publications, as well as the Networking Cookbook and the Book of Audacity, teaches the solid Linux foundations you need to build and run your network. How do you multiboot? Or troubleshoot software, hardware, and network issues? Each recipe of the Linux Cookbook, 2nd Edition addresses a specific problem and includes a discussion that explains the solution and provides insight into how it works.