Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 1012 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (May 10, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1492056359
- ISBN-13: 978-1492056355
Fluent Python: Clear, Concise, and Effective Programming, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it has to offer. With the updated Fluent Python, 2nd Edition of this hands-on guide, you’ll learn how to write effective, modern Python 3 code by leveraging its best ideas.
Featuring major updates throughout the book, Fluent Python, 2nd Edition, covers:
- Special methods: The key to the consistent behavior of Python objects
- Data structures: Sequences, dicts, sets, Unicode, and data classes
- Functions as objects: First-class functions, related design patterns, and type hints in function declarations
- Object-oriented idioms: Composition, inheritance, mixins, interfaces, operator overloading, static typing and protocols
- Control flow: Context managers, generators, coroutines, async/await, and thread/process pools
- Metaprogramming: Properties, attribute descriptors, class decorators, and new class metaprogramming hooks that are simpler than metaclasses
Don’t waste time bending Python to fit patterns you learned in other languages. Discover and apply idiomatic Python 3 features beyond your past experience. Author Luciano Ramalho guides you through Python’s core language features and libraries and teaches you how to make your code shorter, faster, and more readable.