Liferay Beginner’s Guide
- Paperback: 396 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849517002
- ISBN-13: 978-1849517003
Quick and easy techniques to build, deploy, and maintain your own Liferay portal with Liferay Beginner’s Guide
- Detailed steps for installing Liferay portal and getting it running, for people with no prior experience of building portals
- Follow the example of building a neighbourhood site with pre-installed portlets and custom portlets
- Create your own communities, organizations and user groups, and learn how to add users to them
Liferay Beginner’s Guide
Liferay portal is a leading horizontal portal product, written in Java. It has the power to provide the intranets and extranets of large corporations. Liferay will allow you to build your company’s portal quickly, efficiently, and in a custom way to suit the needs of your corporation.
Liferay Beginner’s Guide will show you how to set up your own site from scratch. Most books assume that you have knowledge of portals before working with Liferay and so include more theory than practice. However, only enthusiasm is required for reading this book as the step-by-step instructions, which follow the creation of a sample community site, will make it easy to install and configure Liferay, set up a Liferay portal instance, and use the out-of-the-box portlets of Liferay.
By following the logical flow of the chapters and the creation of the sample site, you will set up your Liferay site in several quick and easy stages. You will start by installing Liferay in your application server or servlet container of choice. You will learn how to customize the look and feel of the portal, change the URL of the site and create your own communities and organizations within the portal, then add users to them. By the end of the book, you will have a fully operational Liferay portal and the confidence to maintain and customize it to meet your needs.
What you will learn from this book :
- Set up and run Liferay portal in an application server of your choice and configure with MySQL Database
- Apply a theme to portal pages and change their layouts
- Create communities, organizations and User groups
- Add users, create portal pages and apply permissions
- Create web content and publish content on portal pages
- Build community pages using out of box and custom portlets
- Set up social collaboration applications in the portal
- Configure and run an online store
Part of Packt’s Beginner’s Guide series, each chapter follows the creation of a fictional neighbourhood site to demonstrate an aspect of Liferay portal with practical examples, screenshots, and step-by-step instructions.
Who this book is written for
All you need in order to benefit from the Liferay Beginner’s Guide is programming experience. No prior knowledge of Liferay is required, although experienced Liferay portal programmers who need to get up to speed with its latest features will also find this book useful.
[download id=”675″ format=”3″]