Learn Linux Quickly
- Paperback: 338 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 21, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180056600X
- ISBN-13: 978-1800566002
Learn Linux Quickly: Learn over 116 Linux commands to develop the skills you need to become a professional Linux system administrator
Linux is one of the most sought-after skills in the IT industry, with jobs involving Linux being increasingly in demand. Linux is by far the most popular operating system deployed in both public and private clouds; it is the processing power behind the majority of IoT and embedded devices. Do you use a mobile device that runs on Android? Even Android is a Linux distribution.
This Linux book is a practical guide that lets you explore the power of the Linux command-line interface. Starting with the history of Linux, you’ll quickly progress to the Linux filesystem hierarchy and learn a variety of basic Linux commands. You’ll then understand how to make use of the extensive Linux documentation and help tools. The book shows you how to manage users and groups and takes you through the process of installing and managing software on Linux systems. As you advance, you’ll discover how you can interact with Linux processes and troubleshoot network problems before learning the art of writing bash scripts and automating administrative tasks with Cron jobs. In addition to this, you’ll get to create your own Linux commands and analyze various disk management techniques.
- Master essential Linux commands and analyze the Linux filesystem hierarchy
- Find out how to manage users and groups in Linux
- Analyze Linux file ownership and permissions
- Automate monotonous administrative tasks with Cron jobs and bash scripts
- Use aliases to create your own Linux commands
- Understand how to interact with and manage Linux processes
- Become well-versed with using a variety of Linux networking commands
- Perform disk partitioning, mount filesystems, and create logical volumes
By the end of this Learn Linux Quickly book, you’ll have gained the Linux skills required to become an efficient Linux system administrator and be able to manage and work productively on Linux systems.