Learn Ethical Hacking from Scratch
- Paperback: 564 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 31, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1788622057
- ISBN-13: 978-1788622059
Learn Ethical Hacking from Scratch: Learn how to hack systems like black hat hackers and secure them like security experts
This Learn Ethical Hacking from Scratch book starts with the basics of ethical hacking, how to practice hacking safely and legally, and how to install and interact with Kali Linux and the Linux terminal. You will explore network hacking, where you will see how to test the security of wired and wireless networks. You’ll also learn how to crack the password for any Wi-Fi network (whether it uses WEP, WPA, or WPA2) and spy on the connected devices.
Moving on, you will discover how to gain access to remote computer systems using client-side and server-side attacks. You will also get the hang of post-exploitation techniques, including remotely controlling and interacting with the systems that you compromised. Towards the end of the book, you will be able to pick up web application hacking techniques. You’ll see how to discover, exploit, and prevent a number of website vulnerabilities, such as XSS and SQL injections.
- Understand ethical hacking and the different fields and types of hackers
- Set up a penetration testing lab to practice safe and legal hacking
- Explore Linux basics, commands, and how to interact with the terminal
- Access password-protected networks and spy on connected clients
- Use server and client-side attacks to hack and control remote computers
- Control a hacked system remotely and use it to hack other systems
- Discover, exploit, and prevent a number of web application vulnerabilities such as XSS and SQL injections
The attacks covered are practical techniques that work against real systems and are purely for educational purposes. At the end of each section, you will learn how to detect, prevent, and secure systems from these attacks.