Jenkins Administrator’s Guide
- Paperback: 436 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 24, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838824324
- ISBN-13: 978-1838824327
Jenkins Administrator’s Guide: Build and manage a production Jenkins instance, complete with CI/CD pipelines using GitHub and Docker Hub, Jenkins Configuration as Code, Shared Libraries, Script Security, and optimization guides
Jenkins is a renowned name among build and release CI/CD DevOps engineers because of its usefulness in automating builds, releases, and even operations. Despite its capabilities and popularity, it’s not easy to scale Jenkins in a production environment. Jenkins Administrator’s Guide will not only teach you how to set up a production-grade Jenkins instance from scratch, but also cover management and scaling strategies.
This book will guide you through the steps for setting up a Jenkins instance on AWS and inside a corporate firewall, while discussing design choices and configuration options, such as TLS termination points and security policies. You’ll create CI/CD pipelines that are triggered through GitHub pull request events, and also understand the various Jenkinsfile syntax types to help you develop a build and release process unique to your requirements. For readers who are new to Amazon Web Services, the book has a dedicated chapter on AWS with screenshots. You’ll also get to grips with Jenkins Configuration as Code, disaster recovery, upgrading plans, removing bottlenecks, and more to help you manage and scale your Jenkins instance.
- Set up a production-grade Jenkins instance on AWS and on-premises
- Create continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines triggered by GitHub pull request events
- Use Jenkins Configuration as Code to codify a Jenkins setup
- Backup and restore configurations and plan for disaster recovery
- Plan, communicate, execute, and roll back upgrade scenarios
- Identify and remove common bottlenecks in scaling Jenkins
- Use Shared Libraries to develop helper functions and create new DSLs
By the end of this Jenkins Administrator’s Guide book, you’ll not only have a production-grade Jenkins instance with CI/CD pipelines in place, but also knowledge of best practices by industry experts.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Skin Reborn Cooling Mask Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]