C++ Core Guidelines Explained: Best Practices for Modern C++
- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 8, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 013687567X
- ISBN-13: 978-0136875673
C++ Core Guidelines Explained: Best Practices for Modern C++: Write More Elegant C++ Programs
The official C++ Core Guidelines provide consistent best practices for writing outstanding modern C++ code and improving legacy code, but they’re organized as a reference for looking up one specific point at a time, not as a tutorial for working developers. In C++ Core Guidelines Explained: Best Practices for Modern C++, expert C++ instructor Rainer Grimm has distilled them to their essence, removing esoterica, sharing new insights and context, and presenting well-tested examples from his own training courses.
Grimm helps experienced C++ programmers use the Core Guidelines with any recent version of the language, from C++11 onward. Most of his code examples are written for C++17, with added coverage of newer versions and C++20 wherever appropriate, and references to the official C++ Core Guidelines online.
- Apply the guidelines and underlying programming philosophy
- Correctly use interfaces, functions, classes, enum, resources, expressions, and statements
- Optimize performance, implement concurrency and parallelism, and handle errors
- Work effectively with constants, immutability, templates, generics, and metaprogramming
- Improve your C++ style, manage source files, and use the Standard Library
Whether you’re creating new software or improving legacy code, Grimm will help you get more value from the Core Guidelines’ most useful rules, as you write code that’s safer, clearer, more efficient, and easier to maintain.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Volcanic Mud Coffee Slimming Body Soap Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]