Istio: Up and Running
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (November 5, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1492043788
- ISBN-13: 978-1492043782
Istio: Up and Running: Using a Service Mesh to Connect, Secure, Control, and Observe
You did it. You successfully transformed your application into a microservices architecture. But now that you’re running services across different environments-public to public, private to public, virtual machine to container-your cloud native software is beginning to encounter reliability issues.
How do you stay on top of this ever-increasing complexity? With the Istio service mesh, you’ll be able to manage traffic, control access, monitor, report, get telemetry data, manage quota, trace, and more with resilience across your microservice.
- Explore the observability challenges Istio addresses
- Use request routing, traffic shifting, fault injection, and other features essential to running a solid service mesh
- Generate and collect telemetry information
- Try different deployment patterns, including A/B, blue/green, and canary
- Get examples of how to develop and deploy real-world applications with Istio support
In this Istio: Up and Running book, Lee Calcote and Zack Butcher explain why your services need a service mesh and demonstrate step-by-step how Istio fits into the life cycle of a distributed application. You’ll learn about the tools and APIs for enabling and managing many of the features found in Istio.