Introduction to Infrastructure as Code
- Paperback: 204 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 18, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 148428688X
- ISBN-13: 978-1484286883
Introduction to Infrastructure as Code: A Brief Guide to the Future of DevOps
Get inspired to explore the depths of the DevOps field. In today’s rapidly transforming world, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) has emerged as an effective approach to maintain, scale, and deploy software systems. This book offers a mixture of foundational IaC concepts and practical examples to give you hands-on experience.
You will first gain an understanding of DevOps culture as well as how to adapt to IaC. Introduction to Infrastructure as Code begins by reviewing the innovative features that DevOps in general, and IaC in particular, have to offer for adoption and growth for different verticals. With this solid base established, you will then learn the importance, processes, and outcome of building infrastructure solutions.
Authors Sneh Pandya and Riya Guha Thakurta then provide hands-on examples utilizing IaC platforms, open source tools, and essential considerations such as security, scalability, and deployments. Each chapter focuses on one vertical (i.e., foundations, architecture patterns, securing infrastructure, preparing for deployment), how it impacts the DevOps toolchain in a holistic manner, and how it can be used to build solutions specific to that vertical, with a detailed walkthrough of code, environments, and other tools.
- Understand the fundamentals of DevOps and Infrastructure as Code
- Prepare for the ever-evolving ecosystem of modular infrastructure and the needs of the future
- Avoid potential pitfalls and breakdowns while working with infrastructure
- Build scalable and efficient IaC solutions that work at a small, medium, and large scale in a real-life environment
- Understand and be responsibly aware of security concerns related to the domain, and how to address them
After completing this Introduction to Infrastructure as Code book, you’ll have launched your own infrastructure solution through an open source stack consisting of platforms and tools such as Terraform, Chef, and Puppet.