Introduction to Ansible Network Automation
- Paperback: 961 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 14, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484296230
- ISBN-13: 978-1484296233
Introduction to Ansible Network Automation: A Practical Primer
This book provides a comprehensive learning journey aimed at helping you master Ansible and efficiently automate a range of enterprise network devices, such as routers, switches, firewalls, Wireless LAN Controller (WLC), and Linux servers. Introduction to Ansible Network Automation combines the fundamentals of three books into one, covering basics of Linux administration, Ansible concepts, and Ansible network automation.
Authors Brendan Choi and Erwin Medina have created a structured learning path that starts with the fundamentals and allows you to progressively enhance your skill sets with each chapter. Part I serves as an Ansible primer, guiding you through Linux basics using WSL on Windows 11 and assisting in the setup of your learning environment. Part II covers essential Ansible concepts through practical lab activities involving four Linux servers. In Part III, you will learn how to apply your Linux skills from Part I and the concepts from Part II to real-world scenarios by creating Ansible automation YAML scripts.
What sets this book apart is its unique focus on Ansible and Network Automation, combined with a strong emphasis on understanding Linux. It is specifically designed for novice network automation engineers and students, assuming no prior Linux expertise, and provides first-hand experience starting from scratch. It also offers practical insights by sharing real-life examples of Ansible playbooks derived from production enterprise infrastructure, allowing you to gain an understanding of how Ansible can be effectively applied in real-world enterprise network environments.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Ansible and its essential concepts for automating enterprise network devices and applying them to real-world scenarios
- Master the basics of Ansible operations within Linux automation and progress to applying Ansible concepts specifically to network device automation
- Execute Ansible ad-hoc commands and playbooks for a range of network operational tasks, including configuration management, software and system updates, and upgrades
- Work with real-life examples of Ansible playbooks derived from actual enterprise infrastructure, gaining practical experience in writing Ansible YAML scripts
- Acquire the skills to automate network operations using Ansible, streamline network management processes, and replace manual-driven tasks with directives in Ansible playbooks
Upon completion of this Introduction to Ansible Network Automation book, you will have developed foundational skills in Ansible network automation and general Linux administration, and will understand how to apply this newly acquired knowledge to real-life scenarios.