Hands-On Web Scraping with Python
- Paperback: 350 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 15, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789533392
- ISBN-13: 978-1789533392
Hands-On Web Scraping with Python: Collect and scrape different complexities of data from the modern Web using the latest tools, best practices, and techniques
Web scraping is an essential technique used in many organizations to gather valuable data from web pages. This book will enable you to delve into web scraping techniques and methodologies.
The book will introduce you to the fundamental concepts of web scraping techniques and how they can be applied to multiple sets of web pages. You’ll use powerful libraries from the Python ecosystem such as Scrapy, lxml, pyquery, and bs4 to carry out web scraping operations. You will then get up to speed with simple to intermediate scraping operations such as identifying information from web pages and using patterns or attributes to retrieve information. This book adopts a practical approach to web scraping concepts and tools, guiding you through a series of use cases and showing you how to use the best tools and techniques to efficiently scrape web pages. You’ll even cover the use of other popular web scraping tools, such as Selenium, Regex, and web-based APIs.
- Analyze data and information from web pages
- Learn how to use browser-based developer tools from the scraping perspective
- Use XPath and CSS selectors to identify and explore markup elements
- Learn to handle and manage cookies
- Explore advanced concepts in handling HTML forms and processing logins
- Optimize web securities, data storage, and API use to scrape data
- Use Regex with Python to extract data
- Deal with complex web entities by using Selenium to find and extract data
By the end of this Hands-On Web Scraping with Python book, you will have learned how to efficiently scrape the web using different techniques with Python and other popular tools.