AWS Security Cookbook
- Paperback: 440 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 27, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838826254
- ISBN-13: 978-1838826253
AWS Security Cookbook: Secure your Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with permission policies, key management, and network security, along with following cloud security best practices
As a security consultant, securing your infrastructure by implementing policies and following best practices is critical. This cookbook discusses practical solutions to the most common problems related to safeguarding infrastructure, covering services and features within AWS that can help you implement security models such as the CIA triad (confidentiality, integrity, and availability), and the AAA triad (authentication, authorization, and availability), along with non-repudiation.
The book begins with IAM and S3 policies and later gets you up to speed with data security, application security, monitoring, and compliance. This includes everything from using firewalls and load balancers to secure endpoints, to leveraging Cognito for managing users and authentication. Over the course of this book, you’ll learn to use AWS security services such as Config for monitoring, as well as maintain compliance with GuardDuty, Macie, and Inspector. Finally, the book covers cloud security best practices and demonstrates how you can integrate additional security services such as Glacier Vault Lock and Security Hub to further strengthen your infrastructure.
- Create and manage users, groups, roles, and policies across accounts
- Use AWS Managed Services for logging, monitoring, and auditing
- Check compliance with AWS Managed Services that use machine learning
- Provide security and availability for EC2 instances and applications
- Secure data using symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Manage user pools and identity pools with federated login
By the end of this AWS Security Cookbook book, you’ll be well versed in the techniques required for securing AWS deployments, along with having the knowledge to prepare for the AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification.