Hands-On RESTful Web Services with Go – Second Edition
- Paperback: 404 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 28, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838643575
- ISBN-13: 978-1838643577
Hands-On RESTful Web Services with Go, 2nd Edition: Design production-ready, testable, and maintainable RESTful web services for the modern web that scale easily
Building RESTful web services can be tough as there are countless standards and ways to develop API. In modern architectures such as microservices, RESTful APIs are common in communication, making idiomatic and scalable API development crucial. This book covers basic through to advanced API development concepts and supporting tools.
You’ll start with an introduction to REST API development before moving on to building the essential blocks for working with Go. You’ll explore routers, middleware, and available open source web development solutions in Go to create robust APIs, and understand the application and database layers to build RESTful web services. You’ll learn various data formats like protocol buffers and JSON, and understand how to serve them over HTTP and gRPC. After covering advanced topics such as asynchronous API design and GraphQL for building scalable web services, you’ll discover how microservices can benefit from REST. You’ll also explore packaging artifacts in the form of containers and understand how to set up an ideal deployment ecosystem for web services. Finally, you’ll cover the provisioning of infrastructure using infrastructure as code (IaC) and secure your REST API.
- Explore the fundamentals of API development and web services
- Understand the various building blocks of API development in Go
- Use superior open source solutions for representational state transfer (REST) API development
- Scale a service using microservices and asynchronous design patterns
- Deliver containerized artifacts to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud
- Get to grips with API security and its implementation
By the end of the Hands-On RESTful Web Services with Go, Second Edition book, you’ll have intermediate knowledge of web service development and be able to apply the skills you’ve learned in a practical way.