Hands-On Microservices with C# 8 and .NET Core 3.0 – Third Edition
- Paperback: 474 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 27, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789617944
- ISBN-13: 978-1789617948
Hands-On Microservices with C# 8 and .NET Core 3.0, 3rd Edition: Learn the essential concepts, techniques, and design patterns that will help you build scalable and maintainable distributed systems
The microservice architectural style promotes the development of complex applications as a suite of small services based on specific business capabilities. With this book, you’ll take a hands-on approach to build microservices and deploy them using ASP.NET Core 3.0 and Microsoft Azure.
You’ll start by understanding the concept of microservices and their fundamental characteristics. This microservices book will then introduce a real-world app built as a monolith, currently struggling under increased demand and complexity, and guide you in its transition to microservices using the latest features of C# 8 and .NET Core 3. You’ll identify service boundaries, split the application into multiple microservices, and define service contracts. You’ll also explore how to configure, deploy, and monitor microservices using Docker and Kubernetes, and implement autoscaling in a microservices architecture for enhanced productivity. Once you’ve got to grips with reactive microservices, you’ll discover how keeping your code base simple enables you to focus on what’s important rather than on messy asynchronous calls. Finally, you’ll delve into various design patterns and best practices for creating enterprise-ready microservice applications.
- Package, deploy, and manage microservices and containers with Azure Service Fabric
- Use REST APIs to integrate services using a synchronous approach
- Protect public APIs using Azure Active Directory and OAuth 2.0
- Understand the operation and scaling of microservices using Docker and Kubernetes
- Implement reactive microservices with Reactive Extensions
- Discover design patterns and best practices for building enterprise-ready apps
By the end of this Hands-On Microservices with C# 8 and .NET Core 3.0, 3rd Edition book, you’ll be able to deconstruct a monolith successfully to create well-defined microservices.