Hands-On Dependency Injection in Go
- Paperback: 346 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 27, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789132762
- ISBN-13: 978-1789132762
Hands-On Dependency Injection in Go: Explore various dependency injection methods in Go such as monkey patching, constructor injection, and method injection
Hands-On Dependency Injection in Go takes you on a journey, teaching you about refactoring existing code to adopt dependency injection (DI) using various methods available in Go.
Of the six methods introduced in this book, some are conventional, such as constructor or method injection, and some unconventional, such as just-in-time or config injection. Each method is explained in detail, focusing on their strengths and weaknesses, and is followed with a step-by-step example of how to apply it. With plenty of examples, you will learn how to leverage DI to transform code into something simple and flexible. You will also discover how to generate and leverage the dependency graph to spot and eliminate issues. Throughout the book, you will learn to leverage DI in combination with test stubs and mocks to test otherwise tricky or impossible scenarios.
Hands-On Dependency Injection in Go takes a pragmatic approach and focuses heavily on the code, user experience, and how to achieve long-term benefits through incremental changes.
- Understand the benefits of DI
- Explore SOLID design principles and how they relate to Go
- Analyze various dependency injection patterns available in Go
- Leverage DI to produce high-quality, loosely coupled Go code
- Refactor existing Go code to adopt DI
- Discover tools to improve your code’s testability and test coverage
- Generate and interpret Go dependency graphs
By the end of this book, you will have produced clean code that’s easy to test.