Godot 4 Game Development Projects, Second Edition
- Paperback: 264 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (August 11, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804610402
- ISBN-13: 978-1804610404
Godot 4 Game Development Projects, 2nd Edition: Learn to create interactive cross-platform games such as a 3D Minigolf, a 2D Arcade classic, and much more with the all-new Godot Engine 4.0
The Godot 4 Game Development Projects, 2nd Edition book introduces the Godot game engine and its feature-rich 4.0 version. With an array of new capabilities, Godot 4.0 is a strong alternative to expensive commercial game engines. If you’re a beginner, this user-friendly book will help you learn game development techniques, while experienced developers will understand how to use this powerful and customizable tool to bring their creative visions to life.
This updated Godot 4 Game Development Projects, Second Edition consists of five projects with more emphasis on the 3D capabilities of the engine that will help you build on your foundation-level skills by showing you how to create small-scale game projects. Along the way, you’ll gain insights into Godot’s inner workings and discover important game development techniques that you can apply to your own projects.
- If you’re new to Godot, get started with the game engine and editor
- Learn about the new features of Godot 4.0
- Build games in 2D and 3D using design and coding best practices
- Use Godot’s node and scene system to design robust, reusable game objects
- Use GDScript, Godot’s built-in scripting language, to create complex game systems
- Implement user interfaces to display information
- Create visual effects to spice up your game
- Publish your game to desktop and mobile platforms
Using a straightforward, step-by-step approach and practical examples, this Godot book covers everything from the absolute basics to sophisticated game physics, animations, and much more. Upon completing the final project, you’ll have a strong foundation for future success with Godot 4.0 and be ready to develop a variety of games and game systems.