Flask Framework Cookbook, Third Edition
- Paperback: 318 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (July 28, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804611107
- ISBN-13: 978-1804611104
Flask Framework Cookbook, 3rd Edition: Design and deploy robust state-of-the-art web applications using Flask 2.x and Python 3 frameworks and libraries for streamlined development and optimal performance
Discover what makes Flask, the lightweight Python web framework, popular, as you delve into its modular design that enables the development of scalable web apps. With this practical guide, you’ll explore modern solutions, recommended design patterns, and best practices for Flask web development.
Updated to the latest version of Flask and Python, this Flask Framework Cookbook, Third Edition moves away from the outdated libraries, updates content to incorporate new coding patterns, and introduces recipes for the latest tools. You’ll explore different ways to integrate with GPT to build AI-ready Flask applications. The book starts with an exploration of Flask application configurations and then guides you through working with templates and understanding the ORM and view layers. You’ll also be able to write an admin interface and get to grips with testing using the factory pattern, debugging, and logging errors. Then you’ll discover different ways of using Flask to create, deploy, and manage microservices using AWS, GCP, and Kubernetes. Finally, you’ll gain insights into various deployment and post-deployment techniques for platforms such as Apache, Tornado, and Datadog.
- Explore advanced templating and data modeling techniques
- Discover effective debugging, logging, and error-handling techniques in Flask
- Work with different types of databases, including RDBMS and NoSQL
- Integrate Flask with different technologies such as Redis, Sentry, and Datadog
- Deploy and package Flask applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Integrate GPT with your Flask application to build future-ready platforms
- Implement continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) to ensure efficient and consistent updates to your Flask web applications
By the end of this Flask Framework Cookbook, 3rd Edition book, you’ll have acquired the knowledge necessary to write Flask applications that cater to a wide range of use cases in the best possible way and scale them using standard industry practices.