Docker Quick Start Guide
- Paperback: 230 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 29, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789347327
- ISBN-13: 978-1789347326
Docker Quick Start Guide: Develop and build your Docker images and deploy your Docker containers securely
Docker is an open source software platform that helps you with creating, deploying, and running your applications using containers. This Docker Quick Start Guide book is your ideal introduction to Docker and containerization.
You will learn how to set up a Docker development environment on a Linux, Mac, or Windows workstation, and learn your way around all the commands to run and manage your Docker images and containers.
You will explore the Dockerfile and learn how to build your own enterprise-grade Docker images. Then you will learn about Docker networks, Docker swarm, and Docker volumes, and how to use these features with Docker stacks in order to define, deploy, and maintain highly-scalable, fault-tolerant multi-container applications.
- Set up your Docker workstation on various platforms
- Utilize a number of Docker commands with parameters
- Create Docker images using Dockerfiles
- Learn how to create and use Docker volumes
- Deploy multi-node Docker swarm infrastructure
- Create and use Docker local and remote networks
- Deploy multi-container applications that are HA and FT
- Use Jenkins to build and deploy Docker images
Finally, you will learn how to leverage Docker with Jenkins to automate the building of Docker images and the deployment of Docker containers. By the end of this book, you will be well prepared when it comes to using Docker for your next project.