Developing Robust Date and Time Oriented Applications in Oracle Cloud
- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 12, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804611867
- ISBN-13: 978-1804611869
Developing Robust Date and Time Oriented Applications in Oracle Cloud: Create robust temporal solutions in Oracle Cloud and spread the solution worldwide by leveraging its regional properties and time zone synchronization
Proper date and time management is critical for the development and reliability of Oracle Databases and cloud environments, which are among the most rapidly expanding technologies today. This knowledge can be applied to cloud technology, on premises, application development, and integration to emphasize regional settings, UTC coordination, or different time zones. This practical book focuses on code snippets and discusses the existing functionalities and limitations, along with covering data migration to the cloud by emphasizing the importance of proper date and time management.
This book helps you understand the historical background and evolution of ANSI standards. You’ll get to grips with data types, constructor principles, and existing functionalities, and focus on the limitations of regional parameters and time zones, which help in expanding business to other parts of the world. You’ll also explore SQL injection threats, temporal database architecture, using Flashback Technology to reconstruct valid database images from the past, time zone management, and UTC synchronization across regions.
- Explore the fundamentals and terms related to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and data migration
- Follow core principles and date and time element management supervised by ANSI standardization
- Discover the limitations of existing functionalities and conversion methods
- Build robust and secure temporal solutions that are resistant to SQL injection threats
- Understand time zone management and regional settings by focusing on regional and national conventions and approaches
- Use Flashback Technology to create temporal models in terms of historical and current states
By the end of this Developing Robust Date and Time Oriented Applications in Oracle Cloud book, you’ll be able to create and manage temporal systems, prevent SQL injection attacks, use existing functionalities and define your own robust solutions for date management, and apply time zone and region rules.