Data Mesh in Action
- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 14, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1633439976
- ISBN-13: 978-1633439979
Data Mesh in Action: Revolutionize the way your organization approaches data with a data mesh! This new decentralized architecture outpaces monolithic lakes and warehouses and can work for a company of any size.
Data Mesh in Action reveals how this groundbreaking architecture looks for both startups and large enterprises. You won’t need any new technology, this book shows you how to start implementing a data mesh with flexible processes and organizational change. You’ll explore both an extended case study and real-world examples. As you go, you’ll be expertly guided through discussions around Socio-Technical Architecture and Domain-Driven Design with the goal of building a sleek data-as-a-product system. Plus, dozens of workshop techniques for both in-person and remote meetings help you onboard colleagues and drive a successful transition.
Business increasingly relies on efficiently storing and accessing large volumes of data. The data mesh is a new way to decentralize data management that radically improves security and discoverability. A well-designed data mesh simplifies self-service data consumption and reduces the bottlenecks created by monolithic data architectures.
In Data Mesh in Action you will learn how to:
- Implement a data mesh in your organization
- Turn data into a data product
- Move from your current data architecture to a data mesh
- Identify data domains, and decompose an organization into smaller, manageable domains
- Set up the central governance and local governance levels over data
- Balance responsibilities between the two levels of governance
- Establish a platform that allows efficient connection of distributed data products and automated governance
Data Mesh in Action teaches you pragmatic ways to decentralize your data and organize it into an effective data mesh. You’ll start by building a minimum viable data product, which you’ll expand into a self-service data platform, chapter-by-chapter. You’ll love the book’s unique “sliders” that adjust the mesh to meet your specific needs. You’ll also learn processes and leadership techniques that will change the way you and your colleagues think about data.