Dancing with Qubits
- Paperback: 516 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 28, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838827366
- ISBN-13: 978-1838827366
Dancing with Qubits: Explore the principles and practicalities of quantum computing
Quantum computing is making us change the way we think about computers. Quantum bits, a.k.a. qubits, can make it possible to solve problems that would otherwise be intractable with current computing technology.
Dancing with Qubits is a quantum computing textbook that starts with an overview of why quantum computing is so different from classical computing and describes several industry use cases where it can have a major impact. From there it moves on to a fuller description of classical computing and the mathematical underpinnings necessary to understand such concepts as superposition, entanglement, and interference. Next up is circuits and algorithms, both basic and more sophisticated. It then nicely moves on to provide a survey of the physics and engineering ideas behind how quantum computing hardware is built. Finally, the book looks to the future and gives you guidance on understanding how further developments will affect you.
- See how quantum computing works, delve into the math behind it, what makes it different, and why it is so powerful
- Discover the complex, mind-bending mechanics that underpin quantum systems
- Understand the necessary concepts behind classical and quantum computing
- Refresh and extend your grasp of essential mathematics, computing, and quantum theory
- Explore the main applications of quantum computing to the fields of scientific computing, AI, and elsewhere
- Examine a detailed overview of qubits, quantum circuits, and quantum algorithm
Really understanding quantum computing requires a lot of math, and this Dancing with Qubits book doesn’t shy away from the necessary math concepts you’ll need. Each topic is introduced and explained thoroughly, in clear English with helpful examples.