Beginning Photo Retouching and Restoration Using GIMP, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 367 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (May 27, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484292642
- ISBN-13: 978-1484292648
Beginning Photo Retouching and Restoration Using GIMP: Learn to Retouch and Restore Your Photos like a Pro, 2nd Edition
Digitally repair damaged prints, correct color shifts, and even colorize black and white images. This thoroughly revised Beginning Photo Retouching and Restoration Using GIMP, 2nd Edition book will show you how to retouch and restore photos using the most up-to-date version of GIMP and it’s latest tools and features.
Basic knowledge of GIMP is helpful, but the first chapter provides an overview of the free, open source image editing program. You’ll then see how GIMP is a worthy alternative to Adobe Photoshop. You’ll also work with step-by-step tutorials to duplicate the results using the same practice images used in the lessons. Because it is cross-platform friendly you can turn “unfixable” photos into digital art on Windows, macOS, and Linux enhancing your learning experience.
- Acquire the best scans and digitize large photographs
- Adjust contrast and exposure to make dull images “pop”
- Remove cracks, creases, tears, and blemishes
- Retouch portraits and replace backgrounds
- Preserve your newly restored and printed photographs, and properly store originals
Beginning Photo Retouching and Restoration Using GIMP, 2nd Edition provides insight into the powerful program’s wide set of features for just about any type of retouching or restoration work.