AWS CDK in Practice
- Paperback: 196 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 16, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180181239X
- ISBN-13: 978-1801812399
AWS CDK in Practice: Uncover the secrets of building maintainable, extensible, and virtually indestructible cloud applications on AWS with Cloud Development Kit (CDK)
As cloud applications are becoming more complex, multiple tools and services have emerged to cater to the challenges of running reliable solutions. Although infrastructure as code, containers, and orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes, have proved to be efficient in solving these challenges, AWS CDK represents a paradigm shift in building easily developed, extended, and maintained applications.
With AWS CDK in Practice, you’ll start by setting up basic day-to-day infrastructure while understanding the new prospects that CDK offers. You’ll learn how to set up pipelines for building CDK applications on the cloud that are long-lasting, agile, and maintainable. You’ll also gain practical knowledge of container-based and serverless application development. Furthermore, you’ll discover how to leverage AWS CDK to build cloud solutions using code instead of configuration files. Finally, you’ll explore current community best practices for solving production issues when dealing with CDK applications.
- Turn containerized web applications into fully managed solutions
- Explore the benefits of building DevOps into everyday code with AWS CDK
- Uncover the potential of AWS services with CDK
- Create a serverless-focused local development environment
- Self-assemble projects with CI/CD and automated live testing
- Build the complete path from development to production with AWS CDK
- Become well versed in dealing with production issues through best practices
By the end of this AWS CDK in Practice book, you’ll have practical knowledge of CDK, and you’ll be able to leverage the power of AWS with code that is simple to write and maintain using AWS CDK.