Automotive Cybersecurity Engineering Handbook
- Paperback: 392 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 13, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801076537
- ISBN-13: 978-1801076531
Automotive Cybersecurity Engineering Handbook: Accelerate your journey of securing safety-critical automotive systems through practical and standard-compliant methods
Replete with exciting challenges, automotive cybersecurity is an emerging domain, and cybersecurity is a foundational enabler for current and future connected vehicle features. This book addresses the severe talent shortage faced by the industry in meeting the demand for building cyber-resilient systems by consolidating practical topics on securing automotive systems to help automotive engineers gain a competitive edge.
The book begins by exploring present and future automotive vehicle architectures, along with relevant threats and the skills essential to addressing them. You’ll then explore cybersecurity engineering methods, focusing on compliance with existing automotive standards while making the process advantageous. The chapters are designed in a way to help you with both the theory and practice of building secure systems while considering the cost, time, and resource limitations of automotive engineering. The concluding chapters take a practical approach to threat modeling automotive systems and teach you how to implement security controls across different vehicle architecture layers.
- Get to grips with present and future vehicle networking technologies
- Explore basic concepts for securing automotive systems
- Discover diverse approaches to threat modeling of systems
- Conduct efficient threat analysis and risk assessment (TARA) for automotive systems using best practices
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of ISO/SAE 21434’s cybersecurity engineering approach
- Implement cybersecurity controls for all vehicle life cycles
- Master ECU-level cybersecurity controls
By the end of this Automotive Cybersecurity Engineering Handbook book, you’ll have learned effective methods of handling cybersecurity risks in any automotive product, from single libraries to entire vehicle architectures.