Architectural Patterns and Techniques for Developing IoT Solutions
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 28, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803245492
- ISBN-13: 978-1803245492
Architectural Patterns and Techniques for Developing IoT Solutions: Apply modern architectural patterns and techniques to achieve scalable, resilient, and secure intelligent IoT solutions built for manufacturing, consumer, agriculture, smart cities, and other domains
As the Internet of Things (IoT) expands and moves to new domains, architectural patterns need to enable faster digital transformation and more uniform development. Through numerous use cases and examples, this book helps you conceptualize and implement IoT architectural patterns and use them in diverse contexts in real-world scenarios.
The book begins by introducing you to a variety of IoT architectural patterns and then helps you understand how they are used in domains such as retail, smart manufacturing, consumer, smart cities, and smart agriculture. You’ll also find out how cross-cutting concerns such as security require special considerations in the IoT context. As you advance, you’ll discover all the nuances that are inherent in each layer of IoT reference architecture, including considerations related to analytics for edge/constrained devices, data visualizations, and so on. In the concluding chapters, you’ll explore emerging technologies such as blockchain, 3D printing, 5G, generative AI, quantum computing, and large language models (LLMs) that enhance IoT capabilities to realize broader applications.
- Get to grips with the essentials of different architectural patterns and anti-patterns
- Discover the underlying commonalities in diverse IoT applications
- Combine patterns from physical and virtual realms to develop innovative applications
- Choose the right set of sensors and actuators for your solution
- Explore analytics-related tools and techniques such as TinyML and sensor fusion
- Overcome the challenges faced in securing IoT systems
- Leverage use cases based on edge computing and emerging technologies such as 3D printing, 5G, generative AI, and LLMs
By the end of this Architectural Patterns and Techniques for Developing IoT Solutions book, you’ll have learned to architect scalable, secure, and unique IoT solutions in any domain using the power of IoT architectural patterns, and you will be able to avoid the pitfalls that typically derail IoT projects.