Attacking and Exploiting Modern Web Applications
- Paperback: 338 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 25, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801816298
- ISBN-13: 978-1801816298
Attacking and Exploiting Modern Web Applications: Master the art of web exploitation and bug bounty hunting with real CVEs and CTFs on SAML, WordPress, IoT, ElectronJS, and Ethereum Smart Contracts
Web Attacks and Exploits pose an ongoing threat to the interconnected world. This comprehensive book explores the new challenges of web application security, providing an in-depth understanding of hackers’ methods. It equips readers with the practical knowledge and skills needed to effectively understand these attacks, accompanying them through 3 CTFs and explaining the discovery of 7 CVEs.
The book starts by emphasizing the importance of mindset and toolset in conducting successful attacks. It helps you understand the required methodologies and frameworks, how to configure the environment using interception proxies and automate tasks with Bash and Python, and how to set up a research lab.
- Understand the mindset, methodologies, and toolset for Web Attacks and Exploitation
- Learn how SAML and SSO work and find their vulnerabilities
- Understand WordPress and how to exploit SQL Injections
- Learn how IoT Devices work and to exploit Command Injection
- Understand ElectronJS Applications and transform an XSS to an RCE
- Learn how to audit Solidity’s Ethereum Smart Contracts
- Understand how to decompile, debug, and instrument Web Applications
By the end of this Attacking and Exploiting Modern Web Applications book, you will enhance your ability to find and exploit web vulnerabilities.