ASP.NET Core 5 and React – Second Edition
- Paperback: 568 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 8, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180020616X
- ISBN-13: 978-1800206168
ASP.NET Core 5 and React, 2nd Edition: Build fully functional, cloud-ready, and professional web applications using the latest features in the .NET 5 framework and React.js with Microsoft Azure
Microsoft’s .NET framework is a robust server-side framework, now even more powerful thanks to the recent unification of the Microsoft ecosystem with the .NET 5 framework. This updated ASP.NET Core 5 and React, Second Edition addresses these changes in the .NET framework and the latest release of React 17.
The book starts by taking you through React 17 and TypeScript 4 components for building an intuitive single-page application and then shows you how to design scalable REST APIs that can integrate with a React-based frontend. Next, you’ll get to grips with the latest features, popular patterns, and tools available in the React ecosystem, including function-based components, React Router, and Redux. As you progress through the chapters, you’ll learn how to use React 17 with TypeScript 4 to make the frontend robust and maintainable and cover key ASP.NET 5 features such as API controllers, attribute routing, and model binding to build a sturdy backend. In addition to this, you’ll explore API security with ASP.NET 5 identity and authorization policies and write reliable unit tests using both ASP.NET Core 5.3 and React, before deploying your app on Azure.
- Build RESTful APIs with .NET 5 using API controllers
- Secure REST APIs with identity and authorization policies
- Create strongly typed, interactive, and function-based React components using Hooks
- Understand how to style React components using Emotion.js
- Perform client-side state management with Redux
- Run a range of automated tests on the frontend and backend
- Implement continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes in Azure using Azure DevOps