ASP.NET Core 3 and Angular 9 – Third Edition
- Paperback: 732 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 11, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789612160
- ISBN-13: 978-1789612165
ASP.NET Core 3 and Angular 9, 3rd Edition: New edition of the best selling guide to building a simple, yet fully-functional modern web application using .NET Core 3.1, Entity Framework Core and Angular 9
Learning full stack development calls for knowledge of both frontend and backend web development. By covering the impressive capabilities of ASP.NET Core 3.1 and Angular 9, right from project setup through to the deployment phase, this book will help you to develop your skills effectively.
The book will get you started with using the .NET Core framework and Web API Controllers to implement API calls and server-side routing in the backend. Next, you will learn to build a data model with Entity Framework Core and configure it using either a local SQL Server instance or cloud-based data stores such as Microsoft Azure. The book will also help you handle user input with Angular reactive forms and frontend and backend validators for maximum effect. You will later explore the advanced debugging and unit testing features provided by xUnit.net (.NET Core) and Jasmine, as well as Karma for Angular. Finally, you will implement various authentication and authorization techniques with the ASP.NET Core Identity system and the new IdentityServer, as well as deploy your apps on Windows and Linux servers using IIS, Kestrel, and Nginx.
- Implement a Web API interface with ASP.NET Core and consume it with Angular using RxJS Observables
- Create a data model using Entity Framework Core with code-first approach and migrations support
- Set up and configure a SQL database server using a local instance or a cloud data store on Azure
- Create TDD and BDD unit test using xUnit, Jasmine, and Karma
- Implement authentication and authorization using ASP.NET Identity, IdentityServer4, and Angular API
- Build Progressive Web Apps and explore Service Workers
By the end of this ASP.NET Core 3 and Angular 9, Third Edition book, you will be equipped with the skills you need to create efficient web applications using ASP.NET Core and Angular.